11 Jul Banana and Walnut Bread
Banana and Walnut Bread
This easy-to-make bread is a cafe classic with good reason. It's delicious, low fat and freezes well – if there's any left, that is!
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 100g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 1 cup (about 2 large) mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base and sides of a 6cm-deep, 20 x 10cm loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the sugar, walnuts and bicarbonate of soda, and stir to combine.
- Add the egg, milk and banana, and gently fold until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the lined pan. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.