11 Jul Lamb with Couscous Couscous Salad
Lamb with Couscous Couscous Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 (125g each) trim lamb leg steaks
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- olive oil cooking spray
- 60g mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Couscous salad
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup 100% fat-free French herb dressing
- Preheat barbecue grill or a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place steaks on a plate. Sprinkle with half the herbs. Using your fingers, rub herbs into steaks to coat. Turn steaks over and repeat with remaining herbs. Spray both sides steaks lightly with oil.
- Make couscous salad: Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and cover with foil. Stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, cucumber and avocado. Drizzle over dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Grill steaks for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover and stand for 3 minutes to rest. Serve with couscous salad and salad leaves.