06 Mar Oat and blueberry muffins
These seriously healthy and delicious muffins lasted about a day here! Not only were they good for breakfast, they were good for a morning tea treat, a lunch follower and an afternoon pick me up. Without a drop of processed sugar to be found we agree these muffins are one of our top 10 for sweet snacks/breakfast treats.
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons of honey
2/3 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup fresh blueberries
Sugar for sprinkling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in microwave.
3. Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla until well combined.
4. Add flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and stir until just combined.
5. Gently mix in berries, reserving a tablespoon or two.
6. Scoop in greased or lined muffin tins. Fill the tins most of the way full- you should get 7-8 muffins.
7. Press a few berries into the top of each muffin and sprinkle lightly with sugar if desired. 8. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean